Sunday 23 November 2008

Up and Down

Today has been a day of ups and downs,
This morning the snow was thick and off Kali and I went for a walk, You may have noticed that Pat is a follower of boxer welfare scotland and every now and again we check and have a look at the rehome section, some aren't as lucky as our Kali, and there was 1 white boxer Lola, found as a stray in Glasgow and in bad shape. We met one of Kali's friends a handsome white male called Clay, but wait there was now 2 white boxers, low and behold it was Lola! She is now thriving with her new owners Suzie and Richard, and the 2 dogs are now great pals. :)

Well Pat got his epidural out today which was controlling the pain well, and then my Superman got hit by Kryptonite, and the pain has hit him quite badly, he was fairly bright in the afternoon but not as good as yesterday, I think the epidural gave him a false sense, but he had to come off it some time, maybe today was a bit too early. They had upped his oral painkillers by the evening so the visit was short but sweet, we both need our sleep it was been an eventful weekend.

I started writing this next bit, when I was tired and unable to sleep, and therefore my mind frame was low, but after sleep and remembering the following poem my mind set today is far stronger and therefore I rewrote it.

I got the news today that my friend and work colleague, Susan Drummond, lost her fight on Saturday, I've shed my tears but I must keep positive and celebrate Susans life and that fact that I got to be her friend. Celebrate the good nights out we had, celebrate how beautiful and happy she was on her wedding day to Gus, celebrate that she got to swim with dolphins and celebrate how happy and proud she was of her two children, Flynn and Kerry. Susan it was an honour and a pleasure.
You can shed tears
now that she has gone
Or you can smile
because she has lived.


You can close your eyes and pray
that she'll come back

Or you can open your eyes
and see all that she has left.

Your heart can be empty
because you can't see her
Or you can be full of the love
you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow

and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow
because of yesterday.

You can remember her
and only that she has gone

Or you can cherish her memory

and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what she
would have wanted:

Smile, open you eyes, love, and go on

Anon
This poem was chosen by another friend of both myself and Susan, Carol McAleer, a great positive women who tragically also lost her fight.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails