Friday 14 November 2008

This time next week!

One week to go! This time next week i won't have a scooby where i am. If they can get the epidural in through the muscle tissue around the spine then i'll also be numbed by that.

The term epidural is often short for epidural anesthesia, a form of regional anesthesia involving injection of drugs through a catheter placed into the epidural space. The injection can cause both a loss of sensation and a loss of pain, by blocking the transmission of signals through nerves in or near the spinal cord.

The epidural space is a part of the human spine. It is the space inside the bony spinal canal but outside the membrane called the dura mater. In contact with the inner surface of the dura is another membrane called the arachnoid mater. The arachnoid encompasses the cerebrospinal fluid that surrounds the spinal cord.

Further info here.


I want to find out how long after major surgery it is possible to start physical exertion. I have rubber bands so i can isolate muscle parts and work on them without causing damage to healing wounds. Exercise does increase blood flow, which carries oxygen around the body, which encourages healing. I have set up the mental processes as discussed before to focus the body on healing certain areas, I now want to prepare the physical process for when im released.


Weller last night was interesting. I tired and i'm not partial to big venues, however the mix of Weller and the lightshow kept me spellbound. The set list has Stanley Road classics (‘The Changingman’, ‘You Do Something To Me’, ‘Broken Stones’), Style Council chart-toppers, 'Eton Rifles' and 'That's Entertainment', through to ‘Wild Wood’.

'Cold Moments' accompanied by images of 911 and the Twin Towers, burning Palestinians, napalm victims, JFK, Martin Luther King Jr and John Lennon campaigning for peace and being assassinated for doing it. The audience is mesmerised - powerful an antiwar message as if delivered by Crass. Weller then ends his two-hour set with the 'Town Called Malice'.

My future is bright and beautiful.

1 comment:

Dave M said...

Dear Pat,

I picked up an email from an old address.

I don't know if you remember me but I shall think of you and toast your victory in this fight every time me and the missus have a glass of wine.

Great picture of Kali by the way and you look rather dashing too!

I shall not send you kindest regards but all the energy and will I can muster and transfer to another through the ether.

David Metcalf

Related Posts with Thumbnails