Several weeks ago i told you that i was reducing the MST to 5mg twice a day. All went well, but at the moment I'm walking around as if i have a bruised ribcage. I am deducing that this is the MST weaning off and as the surgery heals up its not all going to this area. Therefore I'm feeling the wound much more, to the extent that its painful to move. Its painful to sneeze and yawn. At the same time its a better perspective to be aware of the condition.
Lack of sleep can bring on ailments like a cold, but long term deprivation can do great harm:
Performance - sleep helps you think clearly, react quickly and create memory pathways in the brain needed for learning and remembering.
Mood - irritability and depression.
Health - high blood pressure, heart disease and other medical conditions. During sleep the body produces valuable hormones that are needed to help in growth, energy use and fighting infections.
Tips for getting a good nights sleep:
- Go to bed and get up at a regular bedtime every day, even on weekends or when you're on vacation. This helps to regulate your internal body clock and educate it when it should be sleeping and when it needs to be awake.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, chocolate, sugar and alcohol as much as possible, especially in the hours leading up to bedtime.
- Resist the temptation, no matter how tired you are, to take long naps during the day. Having a rest or a 10 minute 'power' nap is ok, but make sure you don't oversleep.
- Don't eat large meals in the 3 hours before your established bedtime, and try to limit your fluids from late afternoon to avoid nighttime trips to the bathroom if this is an issue for you.
- Don't watch the news, or engage in any stimulating or stressful activity within an hour of your bedtime.
- Use relaxation techniques like deep breathing, progressive relaxation or guided imagery to quiet your mind.
- Wind down with a warm shower or bath, or with a warm, non-caffeinated beverage while listening to relaxing music.
Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends.
=== JKrishnamurti.org - Daily Quote ===
What is this fear?
Why are you, why is anybody, afraid? Is it based on not wanting to be hurt? Or is it that one wants complete security, and not being able to find it - this sense of complete safety, of protection, physically, emotionally, psychologically - one becomes terribly anxious about living? - so there is this sense of uncertainty.
Now why is there fear? You have been hurt, haven't you? And out of that hurt you do all kinds of things. We resist a great deal, we don't want to be disturbed; out of that feeling of hurt we cling to something which we hope will protect us. Therefore we become aggressive towards anything that attacks what we are holding on to for protection. As a human being sitting here, wanting to resolve this problem of fear what is it that you are frightened of?