Monday 9 February 2009

The Liver Doctor


It was -8.5c when we set off to the hospital. I had to use the scraper on the inside of the car!

The Liver doctor was a good visit. We talked about the liver and what i would take during the treatment with the
Sorafenib. He explained that certain mixes would simply destroy the immune system and it would do more harm. I'm also to be checked for severe internal bleeding from ruptured varicose veins in the oesophagus. I will start taking water tablets (diuretics) for the treatment of fluid retention in the legs (oedema) or abdomen (ascites).

To cut the story short, his understanding and bear in mind i see so many people that you just get snapshots, is that if the tumor reduces to below 5cm then i will be put on the list for a liver transplant
. This of course is a new perspective for me, a development in my journey and understanding what is to come

Scolari's been sacked - phew!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails