Monday 20 July 2009

An Elite Group!

Just back from my appointment with the good Dr. I asked what the conclusion was with the meeting after my last set of results came out.

I explained that it's hard to understand what they are contemplating in my future treatment and asked if the discussion about Transplant had been raised.

Whilst transplant is an end possibility, they apparently feel that the current course of medication is the considered best option. there are breakthroughs happening in the battle against situations like mine which may yet make a further impact.

As I am within a new developing and select type of patient - that is one who is very healthy but has a chronic liver situation complicated by the tumour - the book has not been written yet and they are learning and finding treatments that the members of that group are responding too which didn't happen with the previous 'type' of patient.

So it does seem that the course of treatment is the considered best treatment and whilst the drugs may change as we go along, which is considered likely, Transplant is not considered best option at the current time.

So now I have to reset my visualisations and re consider what I am aiming to attain in my life.

"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies."




JKrishnamurti.org - Daily Quote Following every thought, every feeling

If you sit on the bank of a river after a storm, you see the stream going by, carrying a great deal of debris. Similarly, you have to watch the movement of yourself - following every thought, every feeling, every intention, every motive - just watch it. That watching is also listening; it is being aware with your eyes, with your ears, with your insight, of all the values that human beings have created, and by which you are conditioned, and it is only this state of total awareness that will end
all seeking.

The Collected Works, Vol. XV - 242

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails