Friday 8 May 2009

I have a great life and I love living it

2005
Its been a funny old week

We've had the worry over Kali who had a wee operation last week to remove a lump. Trying to stop her licking or biting the stitches, rather than get her to wear the lampshade you occasionally see dogs in, has meant a lot of supervision of her. The news there is that it was a tumor, they believe they cut it all out, it was Grade 1 on a scale of 1-5. instructions are to watch her for the next year.

There's been times where i have been exhausted. No tantrums but i think that is a symptom of tiredness and stress. We had our new mattress delivered and I'm noticing much better sleeps already. Hair on my legs is starting to disappear, especially where it rubs against jeans.

Chelsea lot to Barcelona in a controversial manner. The powers that be appointed a ref to the match who was clearly out of his depth and this impacted highly on the result. That exhausted me!

i cannot get hold of my Oncologist and so cant get a renewal of my prescription. My current supply of Sorafenib runs out tonight, so I'll be running on empty for a couple of days i guess. i meet with work on Monday to see about starting 3 days at 3 hours a week as a start.

When people ask me how my life is, i say 'pretty good'. It is. I know i have complications right now that may curtail it, but in general I have a great life and I love living it.

JKrishnamurti.org - Daily Quote Thought has been built through time

One has to understand the nature of thought, that is, first desire, then pleasure, and then why thought interferes at all. If I find out the relationship among these three, then desire becomes a very small affair. I can see a beautiful house, and leave it; I see a beautiful woman, and not produce all the reactions. Thought has been built through time. Thought is time. If you do not think, there will be no tomorrow. And, we have to think; but if that thinking is based on pleasure, on desire, then thought becomes a problem, then thinking becomes a danger.

So, is it possible to see a house, a woman, and not let thought interfere with it? Not deliberately - not say that thought must not interfere because it brings pain, sorrow, and all the rest of it, but actually see the fact not the explanation; see the actual fact that, when thought interferes with desire or when thought gives importance to desire, then it becomes pleasure, and where there is pleasure there is always pain. The two, pleasure and pain, are not separate: pleasure is pain. You can see that very obviously. Most of our values, concepts, ideals, relationships between man, woman, neighbor and yourself - all that is based on pleasure, and hence all our problems. We function with the principle of pleasure.

Collected Works, Vol. XVI - 62

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you do it = stay so positive - I admire you so much! I really try (and most times succeed) but it's so hard. Guess Caz is the difference! That's where I loose out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails