Sunday 7 February 2010

The Edinburgh Trip

Thursday after being checked in I had an evening of answering questions for Junior Doctors. The Edinburgh Royal Infirmary (ERI) is a new building with a clean fresh and modern feel so much different to many hospitals built in the Victorian age. Didn't help me much with the sleep though.

Friday I was wheeled at 11am to where the Endoscopy was going to take place and introduced to the Liver doctor. The gave me a sedative and whilst I was awake to follow instructions I have no recollection of any of it. I do have a picture in my head of the doctor saying that all was well. Caz awoke me around 4pm and after a while the doctors came round.

It would appear that they could not find the second lesion in order to take a biopsy. This in itself may be good enough to allow me to go on the list but until its discussed at their weekly meet, there is no decision as yet.

They wanted to keep me in for the night but I asked to go and that was acceptable. Caz picked me up and we went and met with friends for something to eat.

Saturday and Sunday was spent on a seminar with Martial Arts legend Guro Dan Inosanto. To be considered a student of this man is an amazing honour. I look forward to seeing him later in the year in a better state of health. It was great to see old friends and make some new ones.

We are home now and a few days of relaxation before I get the phone call with the latest decision.

Peace within

Posted:

A mind that has understood the nature of pleasure and fear is no longer violent and can therefore live at peace within itself and with the world. - Talks and Dialogues Saanen 1967

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails